Monday, December 23, 2013

Vokuhila - Dec. 16, 2013

Well....weeks are just flying by, at this rate I will be a grandma and won't even know what the heck happened. Haha.
ANYWAY

I have decided my companion is a time traveler. We were walking in the midst of the Christmas market and I saw this girl, thought it was Sister Johnson, and then was amazed she would wear a hat of such big proportions...then I realized she was actually standing right next to me...weird.

I bought a Pink Panther music box, it's pretty legit, and the sound is actually amplified when I place it on my head. It's like the music box Meg has from Germany. Put it on your head, see if it works. Haha. It really shouldn't work that way...but it does.

We had a great HoHoZoCo...*cough* I mean Christmas Zone Conference. It was great! We learned a lot and watch a movie. What?! Nooo...YES! We watched 17 Miracle and I just sat there like a happy camper because I LOVE MOVIES. Not to mention, I have watched Joy to the World more times than I would like to count. And you know what I learned, that I want YOU ALL to spread to your friends? Germany GERMANY IS A BAPTIZING MISSION. There. It's true though, I get a text almost every week with a list of names of people being baptized in the Germany Berlin mission. Pretty sweet.

Anywho, going to some appointments includes having a mass exodus on a bus and being smushed by little children about the age of my nephew, Alec. Well then. I was in the elbow of the bus when a gaggle so school children jumped on and crushed just about everyone for the whole bus ride. I even talked to one of them. She said my German was pretty good. Well, heck, thanks!

Something cool happened this week. We went street contacting...OH NO THE DREADED STREET CONTACTING. No, just listen! We decided we were going to give Book of Mormon's away. And that we did. Four copies in little than an hour. And a new investigator. I leaned to my comp, how do I talk to someone who is smoking? Just like anyone else. Duh, I should know that. I went up and opened my mouth and you know what happened?  We now have a new investigator. SIIIICK! We also walked around trying to find someone who read English we could give a copy to, turns out we live next to this thing they call a University and many people speak English. Well there you go! What a miracle that was! Super cool!

We went on a finding activity with ward members, singing in the outdoor mall. I gave out cards because my violin decided he didn't want to stay in tune for want of a warmer place. Oh well. It was good, I went out on a limb and asked this 14 year why he celebrated Christmas, he and his oh, I dunno, 6 other friends stopped and listened to me. They took my cards, they listened to me testify of Christ, the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. (They also thought my German was good, double points!) But what was important is that they hear me, and they listened. Maybe they don't meet with us, but at least for the first time in their life, they heard about Christ. (The had NO idea that Christmas was to celebrate the birth of Christ. What?! Yea, there are people out there like that.) What a cool experience!

I hope we all have a wonderful Christmas and remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas, what is stands for. Christ was born to save us and redeem us from sin and death. He is the reason for the season, let us share that with friends and family!  (All year!)

LOVE
Sister Rimmasch



No comments: