Monday, December 23, 2013

Sometimes I hear about the Pope...a lot - Dec. 23, 2013

Well, Monday to Tuesday...I was in Bergerdorf. On exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. Great times. Or, mostly. I just missed my companion.

Tuesday morning: Walked out of the apartment and stopped to talk some old woman on the street. She was cool and when she found out we were Mormons...well...just let me tell you. She said, ooh, I remember the Mormons during the war! (she lived World War II) She said, I remember getting my package. (care package) and you know what she told me? She will always remember the kindness and the Mormons, what they did for her. She told me to tell my ward back home (no doubt she probably thought there is only one ward in Utah), Tell them, I got my package. Well, Utah, Schwester Friedrich got her package! It was one of the coolest things to remind me of home. :D
Hamburg also has REALLY good döners...better than...Kiel. Sorry Kiel!

Had a fun eating appointment with the Elders and a member...who made fun of me...again...because I didn't like her grün kohl that one time two transfers ago! Goodness. She will never let me live it down. But she is cool, gave us Chocolate Santas. In which, Elder Larson folded a napkin and stuck it on his head and then he was the Pope. Quite interesting. Fancy that, the 'Pope' eating at our table.

Which reminds me, a guy on the bus totally told me he was the Pope. Then he said, okay not really. I am the brother-in-law of the Pope. Interesting...you sounds Russian and Pope Argentinian...Well then. 

Then again, we find people to teach by asking other people about their dogs. It was just this GIANT white FLUFFY dog and we couldn't help but to ask. Turns out her friend wants to meet with us and she already has a Book of Mormon. Well, sweet! Exciting! All because of a dog. :D

Oh, on Sunday, I was asked to give a talk for this upcoming week. I am surprised it did not come sooner. Almost 6 months out and I am barely giving a talk. Sweet, I know what I will be writing during language studies this week. Hahaha.

I am super excited for Christmas...they celebrate for 3 days! YESSSS. Plus I am going to see the Nutcracker. Even better. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and a Merry Christmas. I pray that we may all remember the real reason for Christmas! (Some people don't even know why) Let's keep Christ in our hearts and remember to do good! I LOVE YOU ALL AND STUFF.

Love
Sister Rimmasch




No comments: