Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Week of Eating every day... Dec. 30, 2013

Well...Christmas is come and gone and now I must barricade myself in my apartment and face the perils of a German New Years. There may be blood, and I may go down in a blaze of glory, but at least it was awesome.

Christmas Eve was spent at the Timms house. I love it there. So nice and such. They are have a cool fireplace! Loved it there! Later, I had to play every instrument I know how for the Christmas Eve church meeting. Piano, Organ, and Violin. Woo hoo. So awesome. I got a little stressed, but I made it in the end.

Christmas...opened some presents! Thanks to my comps mom, my comp and my family\myself for making Christmas just fabulous! I have never had so much candy in my life. I am not going to eat it all lest I should get super fat and die. Ate dinner at S. Granc and tried duck for the first time in my life. That reminds me, my companion is a Duck Dynasty fan and got a blanket, t shirt and quote book from said tv show.

Christmas day two (because there are three days of Christmas in Germany) was spent in Eckernförde and after that....went to....THE NUTCRACKER!!! YESSSSS....that was after the hilarious incident of another sister splitting her skirt and switching skirts in the Opera House. Quite hilarious to be sure. I was amazing and we had a great time!!

It was super hard to get back into the swing of things, but I realized my mission is awesome. I basically go around visiting people and chilling out with them teaching the gospel. And when we don't have people, we are looking for people that we can visit and teach. Quite funny.

We had a 'Christmas' district meeting...AKA we ate dinner together...AKA we ate Mexican food. hahaha. 

Church was great...I gave a talk...but that was after and Austrian translated it and an American and her linguist husband correcting it. I was not gonna give a talk and sound lame sauce...it went well. Short but well despite that it was super hot...maybe cause I was still wearing my scarf. Haha. We had a 5th Sunday Potluck and it was pretty good. What did we bring you ask? Chopped up granola bars from America. Thank you Quaker Oats. Thank you.

I received a package....of...DOCTOR WHO STICKY NOTES!!! (Thanks Jamie!!) They are just about the best thing ever at this point in time. Wooo!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I will hopefully be sending cards home soon!

LOVE STEPH




No comments: