Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sometimes you go to Leipzig to meet someone you knew in Kiel... Jan. 13, 2014

Well it starts of by missing my train. I missed my connecting train from Hamburg....so...naturally, I found a group of missionaries and jumped on a different train. It was probably more like a blessing than anything else, or I may have been alone with all of my bags! But I got to ride with missionaries from Hamburg to Hannover, and then down to Leipzig! The German country is BEAUTIFUL. Yeah. 3 and 1/2 hours of pure awesome German land. 

I did some family history and I was looking around on mom's side of the family with grandpa...and I think I may have run into an ancestor...Charlemagne?! I am really hoping that was accurate!

Anyway, I LOVE LEIPZIG. It is the city that Bach played in! Speaking of which, I was privelage to go to one of the churches that he loved to perform in for a concert! It was a boys choir and organ, oh man, it was great! Loved it! This is a perfect city for me! Woo!

It is really great to be in a new area and be working just as hard....or HARDER. I mean...more diligently. Yeah, I actually taught 10 lessons this week, and I could totally do more! It was amazing! WOW! This city is showing me what a mission can be. We have some many people that could be baptized soon!

Crazy story, my second day here, I was walking to an appt and this girl stopped me...she recognized me from Kiel! She had visited the ward with her friend and remembered me, and now I am in contact with her! I hope she will get baptized, she is legit!

I have had a great first week, and I love my companion, Sister Lartey! She is super funny and sassy and such a diligent and hard worker! I already feel as if I have known her for a while. Ha. That's always nice.

I am totally teaching some Jehovah Witness' here...I will probably jus wreck them and then they will be baptized. And when I say wreck, I mean convert. And when I say I, I really mean the Holy Ghost. :P

I live in Innenstadt, so central to just about everything except for the church. So like, Bahnhof, the store, the RIZ, the old churches and STRAßENBAHN. I love Straßenbahn. They are the best things ever!!

I love you all! And farewell until next week, I better be getting some letters....sooon....haha.



No comments: