Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bashin with the JDubs - Jan. 20, 2014

So...tried an Indian restaurant...called the Indian Palace, it was TOTALLY Indianna Jones and the Temple of Doom status, I felt like I was in Disney Land...OH! Totally going there when I get back. FYI for all those who would like to join me.


So...I have this little plant here, named Geoffrey. He didn't have any roots when I got here...so I decided to take care of him. He now has roots popping out the bottom of his container and a little sprout friend popping up, too! I love my plant because it actually responds to my nurture unlike SOME people. Haha. It is a great analogy though, I just water him and put him under lamp light sometimes, but for the most part, I just let him alone. Just takes faith. Seriously, just 2 weeks ago, he was ready to die. BUT NOW HE'S LIVING!!!


Taught about the Word of Wisdom...one of my favorite subjects, of course. It was fabulous. Also, Happy Birthday, Aj. You old man. 

So in Leipzig, I travel by S-bahn (so trams) and feet. IT IS THE BEST THING EVER. Especially when I have to run for it. Haha. Not really, running for it is just silly, but I love the S bahn. Anywho, I FINALLY got a pair of replacement boots, thank goodness. It  is starting to get cold and foggy here in Leipzig.

So, my bishop here is pretty cool. We ate at his house this week, and I finally figured out what Domino Steinen are. They are delicious candies! YES! WARNING! I may be overweight when I get home. People just feed me, and no matter what there is ALWAYS dessert. ALWAYS:

So...JW's...(Jehovah Witnesses') are SCARY. I mean, ruthless little...anyway. We are teaching some currently, and I have been arming myself with the necessary weapons. Our member joint teach and they kept arguing BUT every time I opened my mouth to speak, they stopped and listened. I hope they will see reason...or more like...just be open to new ideas, otherwise we're gonna have to drop them and run, because I had to end our conversation, it got WAY out of hand, I said oooooooooooh look at the time, we have to go to another appointment, peace out! That was good, it could have been worse.

We had a ward party...I totally danced. Yes, that is allowed...as long as I dance by myself...so I did just that. It's not like you dance Opa Gagnum Style with another person anyway. Ha. It was great. Lots of little kids just dancing away.

Leipzig is great and full of wonder, sorry this email was a little boring...but next week will be better.....probably. Hopefully. Yeah....here's some pictures to make up for it!



No comments: