Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week 3 down! - Jan. 27, 2014

Well...have you ever had cereal that is filled with Nutella? Didn't think so. It is AMAZING!!!!!! Sooooo goood. Anyway, you will have to try some sometime because it is so delicious.

Anyway...just a quick overview of what happened in case you don't want to read everything that I write. I got kissed by some crazy Lebanese man, I got really sore after doing some sport, found a 5 meter long foozball table, JW's are still nuts, I can help people overcome addictions, I translated for someone, heard tons of Portuguese and it is snowing too much.

Okay, first item of business. We were standing at a train stop, when this gnarly looking older man came up to us. He started telling us his life's story (a common thing for me right now) and when we started telling him about the gospel, he grabs us both and hugs us in tight and kisses our faces with his cigarette smelliness. Luckily, it wasn't my lips, although he did try to kiss my comp on the lips but she pushed him off. I think that will be a contact we give to the Elders. Yeah...

We did some sport with the ward...and let me tell you, I may not look too out of shape, but I am. Things that used to be easy are way too hard right now. Someone, make me an exercise program for when I get back.

When we walked through the mall, we found a foozball table...5 meters long! Oh man, that was so cool, I wanted to play it so bad! Foozball is the best!

Taught the JW's again, or more like, they tried to teach us. And then they pulled out some Anti Mormon material on us, wow, people, they didn't even use the quotes in the right context. I mean, you could make me look like a jerk by quoting me out of context so all I have to say is, Get your facts right. Look up the quotes. Read them in context, and make sure the sources are actually trustworthy. Didn't anybody take English class for crying out loud! Okay, done with my rant, sorry.

This week we are helping someone overcome the addiction of smoking. I am really excited to help them, and it is such a great program!! It only take 15 steps every day for 7 days and the smoker is no longer a smoker. Oh man, I am so excited for this person, and they are excited to quit, too.

I helped translate for someone in Church, she is from Angola, and speaks Portuguese. Wow, but I translated into English. And...then we went to FHE, and everyone was speaking Portuguese. It was like a tiny taste of Aj's mission! Cool!

And then it is snowing like nobody's business and I don't really appreciate having to wear so many layers. Blah. I hope to hear from you ALL very soon. That would be nice. Anytime now.

Love you!
Love
Steph

No comments: