Friday, June 13, 2014

This week - 6/2/14

Well....

I basically got SOAKED this week seeing as it rained and rained and rained...we got some area book work done because of it though! No problems!

We've had some great appointments this week, however, there was a holiday, called Christi Himmelfahrt or in Germany, Männertag...or in English...Man Day. Well...we had to be in early that day, because people like to get drunk and such...it was quite funny, apparently, some men tried to give my district leader and his companions beer...haha. Naturally, they said no. 

We finally got to meet with some people this week that we have been trying to meet with, one was a self referral. He is from Serbia and we had to find a Book of Mormon in Serbian! Well, we found one...from the Elders. Good thing there is more than one set of missionaries in Leipzig or we may have a had a harder time finding the other language stuff. :)

We had soccer to find this week, and I was really praying hard that someone would just accept the gospel in some way shape or form. We play soccer with this 12 year old boy, and I had a feeling we should invite him to church...he said yeah, why not. Hey, that was easy. I find it easiest to share the gospel when I really care about someone or am friend with someone. We have been playing soccer with this kid for 3 weeks (he is super good!) and because we have a good friendship, it was not hard to want to invite him to church! I encourage everyone just to invite their friends to learn more or come to an activity. Your friends will know that you mean good and just care about them. :D

We saw a baptism this week in our Zone, it was great! I love going to baptisms! Germany is a baptizing mission! Everybody be getting baptized here! :D It's so great. Love life. 

Sunday was sweet! We had 2 investigators at church and had some great member appointments. We went to our regular FHE and FINALLY our investigator came back! She hadn't been for months and finally she was back! The lesson went really well and the Spirit was pretty strong. I love it when things like that work out! It is so neat!

If anything, I am learning more and more that when I let the Spirit work through me, people learn and accept more of the gospel of HAPPINESS into their lives! It is so great! I just keep getting MORE AND MORE HAPPY as I continue on my journey on my mission! So cool!

Oh, and by the way, sometimes you wear mustaches in your apartment...it's just for fun.

I hope you all have a great week and I am sure that this week will be full of adventures....coming up next week:
Sleepovers, Mission Tour (Dresden), and birthday's for a district leader!
Until next week!
Love,
Sister Rimmasch



No comments: