Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sometimes you get to call the Polizei on your mission....

Well, this week was interesting to say the least.

First off, bikes need repairing. It is quite a sad story that no one takes care of their bikes. Gah. Do I have to fix everything?! (thanks Dad for teaching me to fix stuff, it has come in handy)

We got a new investigator this week! Actually, a family, so that is cool, we will be meeting with them next week! And they live really close to one of our members. We just checked up on a contact and boom. New investigator. Pretty neat.

We went to the Fußgänger Zone, it's pretty cool and stuff. I just love the food mostly. You know, like Bratwursts and stuff. They are soooo good!

This week we had a service activity! We went to the garden of our RS President. Gardens are not in your yard in Germany. They are far away and have little mini houses. We worked for about 3 hours or so, it went by fast, needless to say, I think St. George gardening is easier. The weeds there were so stubborn, that I was using a spade in the grass to get them out...until I broke said spade...yeah, you know, I'm just WAY too buff to be a missionary...

Sad story, but short. One of our investigators dropped us. He basically doesn't want anything to do with the church. LAMMME.  Quite unfortunate, really. Maybe in the next life?

So after Saturday session of Gen. conference, we went home to the noisy neighbors of noise...ness. Yeah, so I said, if they are not quite by 11 I will do something. (The rule in Germany is quiet at 10) So, I called the Haus Meister (the Land Lord of some sorts) He told me that I can ask them to be quiet, or call the Polizei. So I went and asked them if they would quiet down. Yeah, yeah, okay they said.

One and a half hours later, I hear the blasting of music, once again, and the sound of drunken screaming. My companion was sound asleep and I could not sleep. So...I must now therefore...call the Polizei. Except I have no number for them...uh...

I called the Sister Training Leaders, they gave me a false number, Zone Leaders didn't answer (no surprise) and then I texted the Haus Meister who then proceeded to give me the number of the Polizei.

That's it. I phoned the Polizei (who are very nice by the way) and they dispatched someone immediatley (for noise!) Two minutes later, the Polizei were there! Talk about quick service. They had a hard time finding my name, because it wasn't on the doorbell yet. I had to explain that I am pretty new and haven't done that yet. They were quite understanding, and they gave a stern talking to my neighbor. I was naturally hiding in my apartment. Ha.

Good news though, is I haven't had any problems since that time.

I just think it is funny that sometimes the first time you ever call the police is on your mission. Whoa.

In other news, GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME. That is all.

Love you all!! I hoped you enjoyed my story and adventures with the Polizei.

Love,
Sister Rimmasch



No comments: