Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week of what? Sept. 16, 2013

Well, a lot of things have happened since last Monday. I shall dazzle you with my stories of awesomeness...yeah.

On Wednesday, I went to HAMBURG on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders! Their apartment is pretty awesome! It used to be an Elders apartment, so they have weights, a soccer ball, football, and other awesome things for Morgensport! I am so jealous. Very jealous.

I had to learn better how to talk to people on the street. Sometimes it is hard, but when ward members don't have friends for us to talk to, we've got to spread the Gospel somehow, and that is one way we can do it. :) It makes for some fun stories.

Right when I got off the train, we got some Eis (ice cream) and this man came up to my comp, he had a deer stalker hat on and a tweed jacket and told us that Christ is his Lord, that he respects us in our church, but he still has his own religion. It's a common story, but he was totally dressed awesome, mustache and everything.

We had a good meeting with our old (70) investigator who used to do track. He totally loves us, even though he professes that money is his religion. Ach so. But! It's funny, he judges how people run...just like I do..haha, but that is not the point. We read Alma 32 with him, I hope he felt it in his heart. He asked me if I had ever gotten an answer about the Book of Mormon being true. I was able to bear testimony to him. It was a really cool experience.

After our lesson, I was telling him I did running as well as throwing, and he looked at me and said, 'but you don't look like a runner.' Thanks man, thanks. Sarcasim. It was pretty funny, none the less.

Another funny thing, my companion and I are becoming so unified, that we talk in our sleep. I woke up to Sister Veselka saying something about Preach My Gospel, and I thought, yeah, that's right. Good thinking. Then I naturally fell back asleep. We have both talked in our sleep and were on the same page, even when we're asleep. It's great.

Had a lesson with a guy...from Bulgaria...who totally was flirting with me. Yeah....(sarcasim) But we were able to use Googletranslate. That was good, we also had the Elders with us for a 'joint teach' aka muscle. I told this man the Joseph Smith story and he was totally agreeing with it and said yeah, he believes that would happen and it did. Wait...what?! I don't know what to think of this man, I guess we shall see. Haha.

On Sunday, we made our own eating appointment, with a member from America, Anne, and all the Elders (4 in total) we made pasta...or I provided pasta and I made Elder Larson cook. He is a good cook despite what he says. Ha. It was great and it was a good bonding moment for all of us. Pretty awesome sauce! Even though Elder Dospil snuck some more noodles on my plate when I was looking...ack!

Looking forward to this next week!

Liebe Grüß, Sister Rimmasch

No comments: